Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Teaching with Technology- other opinions

So let me start with an article link:

http://blogs.edweek.org/edweek/edtechresearcher/2012/07/teaching_technology_to_teachers_i_used_to_think_but_now_i_think.html


and for those who aren't going to read it- here is the crux "It's not about technology, it about learning. It's not about tools, it's about goals. It's not about new gizmos, it's about enduring pedagogy."



So I started asking my teacher friends what they thought and the feedback was a bit more surprising for me.

They love using tech to augment the classes but wish their school districts would butt out and let them use what they are familiar with and good at instead of district mandated "gizmos".  

I was so thrilled to be in a place where I could use or not use technology that would help me with my class- and then I got the email about MSU's new platform today... is it mandated to use? Not yet, but I have to throw yet in there because on some levels Administrators must think that using technology is what keeps them ahead in the race.

My classes will always be about writing first- I love to incorporate the technology because as a learning tool it's fantastic.  My pedagogy incorporates technology because my life does- but this mandate idea has to be reexamined,

No comments:

Post a Comment