Monday, May 30, 2011

Hi Guys!


My name is Paul Jaques and I am working on my Masters in Public Relations. I have to be honest that I did not know much about this class before I enrolled but I am excited to be taking it and love it the more I hear about what we will be learning and working with.

I received my Bachelors Degree from Grand Valley State University (1999) in Advertising/PR. I had no clue what I wanted to do but knew that I wanted to work with people so I took a position right out of school as the marketing Director for a Lansing magazine called The View.

After a year in the magazine I was hired into a position as a recruiter for another Lansing firm called OnLine Employment where I dealt mainly with manufacturing positions.
I stayed there for about a year and then was hired as a recruiter for a business in East Lansing called Career Quest where I was a professional recruiter/headhunter and stayed there for 7 years.

I then was hired into Michigan State University in Jan. of 2008 as The Internship Developer for the University. In my position I reach out to Alums and businesses around the world and attempt to connect them with MSU students and I love my position here at State.

I use technology every day of my life and would be lost without it. I have found that Twitter, Facebook, and Linkedin are very helpful in research and teach students how to use these programs. I was very fortunate last semester to be able to co-teach the "social Media for Business" class at MSU and it opened up my eyes to what undergrads are into and not into.

I look forward to meeting and working with all of you and hope everyone has a great summer!

3 comments:

  1. Hello, Paul. It sounds like you bring a diverse background that I'm sure will be both interesting and educative. I'm looking forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The social media for business course sounds great, Paul. I look forward to hearing more about that - and especially about the projects you had students do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Paul,
    The "Social Media for Business" course seems very interesting. I am not familiar with business and education. Thus I'm certain that I will learn a lot from your background.

    ReplyDelete