Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Learning Goals


My learning goals:

Promote an open classroom environment.
Focus on communication of information rather than on accuracy of language use.
Develop language skills that will prepare my students for real-world applications of the language.
Always make the goals and expectations for each activity clear to my students.
Provide my students with the desire to pursue learning the language once the semester is over.

Use technology to expose my students to different forms of the language (i.e. music, television).
Use technology to expose my students to the language on the same mediums they already use in everyday life (i.e. YouTube, Facebook).
Use technology that will allow students to continue exploring outside of class if they please.
Use technology to expose my students to the language in practical ways (i.e. news and weather websites).
Use technology to keep language use informal.
Use technology to help my students to become more comfortable using the language.
Use technology because my students feel comfortable using it.
Use technology to keep class interesting and fun.
Use a class Facebook group to facilitate students' communication with each other.
Use a class Facebook group to take the burden off of myself when it comes to homework questions that classmates can answer.
Use a class Facebook group to post class reminders and keep everyone on top of their assignments.
Use a class Facebook group to share interesting articles, videos, etc.
Use a class Facebook group to have "questions of the day" and keep Spanish fresh in my students' minds.
Use a class blog for submitting assignments so they feel less formal.
Use a class blog to promote a casual use of the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment