Thursday, June 14, 2012

English 101 Revised (Online) Learning Goals

In the past I have focused my English 101 assignment sequence on challenging students to see themselves as learners with interests that are of value to me and their classmates.

As I've begun to rethink my English 101 assignment sequence for an online section I have focused on looking for ways to challenge students to see technology as deeply connected to their learning.

Here are a couple of thoughts I've had that influence the learning goals I am working on.

  • I believe an online writing course will use technology to support learning in a very different way than a traditional or hybrid course. 
    •  I would like to see students consider these differences. 
    • In order to consider these differences there are certain things I think they will need to learn.  
    • These lessons can be explored while meeting the genre expectations / curriculum requirements for the English 101 sections I teach. 
Learning Goals 

  1. Identify technologies that support learning 
  2. Critically analyze supportive technologies 
  3. Identify technologies that effectively support (my) individual learning 
  4. Understand learning relationship with technology in relation to academic discussions 
  5. Value learning relationship with technology

No comments:

Post a Comment