Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sites, Studies, & Resources


Things that inspire and inform my digital pedagogy

Sites
  • Lev Manovich
    • Manovich was one of my favorite authors that I discovered as a graduate student.  Although I do not agree with his scholarship completely, I find his website extremely useful.  The plethora of easy to access articles on a variety of topics always seem to be useful and surprising.
  • Visual Studies Workshop
    • This is a place I tend to find inspiring.  The workshop descriptions can be can be a source of energy and ideas.  Though I love teaching, I often think about more creative endeavors - this is a place I visit to dream and reenergize.
  • Center for Digital Storytelling
    • Another website I discovered as a graduate student.  This is where I go to be amazed.  One day I want to do this kind of thing with my students.
Resources
  • Purdue Online Writing Lab
    • I love writing centers.  This particular writing lab has long been an online resource and remained organized in a way that is familiar to me and accessible to my students.  I reference it in my classes, check on it during tutoring / consulting sessions, and provide it to my students in paper comments.
  • 826 National
    • 826 is the umbrella organization for several community writing centers across the country. In Michigan has the 826 site is in Ann Arbor.  In Illinois their is a cite in Chicago.  Organizations like this one make me smile.  I love the work they do and the way they do it.
  • National Novel Writing Month
    • I did this one month contest.  It was the best thing to help me rediscover my love for writing after graduate school.  Full of fun articles and advice.  It's always easier to help my students tolerate, at the least, writing if I work to love it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment