Monday, June 4, 2012

My Digital Workspaces - JFF

 So this is not to be annoying or obscure- but my digital work spaces are at the following locations:
the park, the other park, my garage/ driveway and my home.  Yes- I do actually have a home office but I have lap tops, so the computer moves with me.

 This- however - does not mean I jump with every sound that rings from my phone or computer. I have learned - painstakingly - that I have designated work hours.   My life is a balance of a myriad of activities and moving about so I have to make sure to give enough time to everything.
My lap top comes along most days- my phone all days, yes my phone has Office on it, yes I type in office all the time. But there are designated times for work work, writing work, school work and being unplugged.

The great thing about my digital work spaced?  It's freaking cool to sit leaned up against a 100 year old tree stump and write an annotation about creative safe online environments. My kid does homework online and I can log in and check his progress- or Goggle "yell"  to stop bouncing on the bed. The crappy thing? It's with me - a lot.

I laughingly tell people my idea of camping is a hotel room without a kitchenette, but we rented a cabin up in Paradise, and had a no tech rule (yes manual toothbrush and all!). After the withdrawal pains the first few hours, it was relaxing.  So I strive to remember that I will always have another book to read, article to critique or paper to write, but the moments of frog hunting, running through the sprinkler and walking to the ice cream store are fleeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment